What's on my mind?
    follow me on Twitter
    gravatar

    The Proposal





    Filipino's are known as conservative. Specially those that lives in my hometown. In the early years of our relationship I was already pressured with all the gossips and to what the people would think about us. Not just from my family and friends but from all the people who knows me. For them, living together without marriage (live-in) is like a crime. I myself never thought I would enter to such relationship. It just happened. I was inlove and I chose to be happy. I can remember my parents would push us to get married before. I can understand them. But they knew they can't do anything about it. From the very start, we don't want anyone to control us. But as a girl, who wouldn't want to marry the guy you love? I admit I was ready long time ago. He wasn't. There was a time that I'd question him about it that leads to an argument. It happened more than once that almost caused our break up. But of course, love prevailed. :)

    As the years go by, I got used to it. I don't care about what others has to say. Trials has strengthen our relationship. Year 2007 when we had to be separated. We didn't have a choice. He has to work in Norway while I decided to go back to school. I have missed him badly. It was so hard for both of us although I was liking that at least I can focus with school. But that long distance situation has made a good outcome for us. He had all his time alone to miss me, and realize how much he loves me. :)

    Until after more than a year of not seeing each other, we finally had a chance to meet again. November 2008, we've spent a two weeks vacation in Thailand. For 2 weeks, we tried to make up for all the times we've lost without each other. But it wasn't enough. We had to say goodbyes again but he promised we will see each other again soon.

    Christmas 2008, as he promised, I was given a chance to be with him again in Norway. It was just a tourist visa for 3 weeks so again, a limited time for both of us. But I never knew that it'll be the happiest xmas I'll ever have. Aside from I have finally met all his family and friends, on xmas eve, he popped the question! On bended knees, he's got a ring on his hands and he asked me to marry him. I felt too uncomfortable and sweaty that time coz his family was around. But of course, what do you expect me to say? I've been waiting for it for a long time so my answer was, OF COURSE YES! hehe. :D Right after I said yes, he hugged me so tight and kissed me happily. He asked his family to join us, as if we're gonna have a conference. And right there, he announced that we're getting married. Everyone was so happy for us. The next day, we called my parents to tell them the good news too. They're first question was ''when?!'' :P And their reaction was like, ''finally!'' or ''it's about time!''. I knew that both our parents were just waiting for that announcement. So now, they're all happy for us and they're excited for our wedding.....soon! :))